1. Bethlehem Experience the Birth-Dec 8-12 Thursday-Monday 6:30-9pm Five 30 min performances nightly free admission and hot chocolate. Located at the Santa Clara First Baptist Church 3111 Benton Street, Santa Clara. Experience what it would be like to live in Bethlehem at the time of the Saviors birth. They perform a live nativity starting with the Roman soldiers announcing the census, Mary riding on a donkey and the innkeepers telling them there is no room. Ending at the manger with shepherds and wisemen. A beautiful presentation and a village full of people with food and games and time period treasures.
2. Christmas Creche Exhibit-Admission is Free Dec 3-7 from noon-9pm at the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints 3865 Middlefield Road Palo, Alto. Experience creches from all over the world and a great play place for children to dress up as characters from the nativity, do a craft, and watch a puppet show.
3. Billy Jones Wildcat Railroad Holiday Train– 6pm-9pm throughout December. $6 for 1 train ride and unlimited carousel rides at Oak Meadow Park 233 Blossom Hill Rd Los Gatos. Not a lot of people. The train ride takes you through the first half of the Vasona Park Fantasy lights. Really fun adventure for families with young children.
4. Fantasy Lights at Vasona Park Walk through Sat Dec 3 and Sunday Dec 4th 4-9 Tickets are $10 per adult or you can drive thru Tuesday Dec 6-Friday Dec 30th 6-10pm for $20 a car. Located at 333 Blossom Hill Rd Los Gatos. Lots of cars lined up but a fun family tradition.
5. Gilroy Gardens– Experience a Charlie Brown Christmas select days in December. You can pay extra to have a fancy Thanksgiving style feast with Charlie Brown Show and Lumination lights festival.
6. Great America Winterfest – 5-10pm Dec 2-3, 9-10, 16-23. Enjoy a Christmas wonderland. They have Santa and reindeer and lots of music, lights, and entertainment throughout the park.
7. Oakland Temple Hill-Visitor Center open daily 9-9
- Scrooge Dec 1-3 Tickets Free 8 pm 2pm matinae
- Nutcracker Dec 16-17 tickets free 7pm 2pm matinae
- Behold the Gift Dec 22-23 tickets free 8pm
- Live Nativity Days of Christmas on Temple hill opens Nov 26th with events daily.
8. Holiday Train– Cal Train Holiday Train decorated with thousands of lights visit 9 Caltrain stations at each of the 20 minutes station stops people can join in singing with onboard carolers and a Salvation Army Brass Band. Santa Claus, Mrs. Claus, Frosty, and Rudolph will get off the train to greet everyone. Sat Dec 3 4-8:10pm and Sun Dec 4 4-8:40pm Click link for holiday train schedule.
9. Lighted Boat Parade – SouthHarbor Santa Cruz Dec 3 5:30pm See 50 beautifully decorated power and sailboats parading through santa cruz harbor free
10. Deck the Hulls– Dec 3 5:30pm Lighted Yacht Parade route from Oakland terminal of San Francisco Bay Ferry to Alameda’s Grand marina Free View from the Oakland or Alameda waterfronts Jack London Square, Broadway and Water Street, Oakland, CA.
11. Winterfest at Avaya Stadium– Dec 10th 12-5pm FREEThe holidays will hit San Jose in full force on Saturday, Dec.10 as the San Jose Earthquakes will host the first-ever Winterfest at Avaya Stadium! – Ten Tons of Snow- Toy Drive- Food Trucks- Merchandise and equipment sale- Children’s activities- Holiday photos on Avaya Stadium pitchWinterfest activity tickets benefit Earthquakes Community Fund
12. Santana Row Mommy and Me Dec 13th 10-12 located int he CineArts Theater. Face painting, balloons, singing, dancing, food, crafts, and flowers.
13. Santa at the Westgate Mall Santa Friday-Sun Nov 19th-Dec 11th daily from Wed Dec 14th-Sat Dec 24th times vary usually 11am-8pm. Mommy and Me the second Wednesday of every month at 10am. Balloons, face painting, music, and dancing.
14. Zoolights and Oakland Zoo – Every evening Dec 2-Jan 1st 5:30-9pm $8 adults $7 ages 2-14 Oakland Zoo 9777 Gold Links Road Oakland oakland zoo open from 10-4pm
15. Christmas in the Park– FREE Tree Plaza de Cesar Chavez open 9am-midnight. Winter Wonderland Downtown San Jose rides next to Christmas in the Park. FREE Historic Trolley Rides Downtown San Jose between Diridon and Civic Center Light Rail Stations
16. San Francisco Pier 39 –Holiday magic Free fun begins at 6pm each night. Lots of fun things to do around the city in the evening.
17. Downtown Ice Opens Friday Nov 18th-Jan 16th
18. Roaring Camp Railroads– Holiday Tree Walk, Holiday Lights Train NOVEMBER 25 – 27, DECEMBER 3 – 4, 10 – 11 Holiday Tree Walk, Roaring Camp Railroads bring a toy for the toys for tots and $2 deducted from train ticketDec 3, 10th, 17th Holiday Tree Walk Stam Train 12:30pm 20 child 27 adultholiday lights beach train 5pm 6:30pm 31 adult 25 child
19. Niles Canyon Railway Train of Lights Train of Lights Adults $13, Kids $7, Trains depart from Niles at 4:30 p.m. and Sunol 7:30 p.m. every Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday except for Christmas Eve and Christmas. Nov. 25-Dec. 30 Niles station. Nov. 29-Dec. 28 Sunol station. $30 coach, $45 first-class dome, $600 private caboose
20. Bass Pro Santa’s Wonderland – Free photos with Santa 10-8pm daily, crafts from 5-7pm, and free games and activities from open to close including: arcade, remote control trucks, big dig excavation area, lincoln logs building area, and more fun.
21. Willow Glen Holiday Lights– Willow Glen is a great place to drive around and see beautiful homes all decked out in Christmas Lights. We even bumped into so Santa and Mrs. Clause sitting out on the front porch of one adorable house giving out free pictures and candy canes.